BF Technology delivers most of our orders by sea to any of the 5 continents
Almost 80% of the world’s volume of transportation is sea logistics, so we also offer our customers this type of delivery, which, although it takes a little longer than air or truck delivery, is the cheapest option for transporting goods over long distances.
Having a significant network of LCL (Less than container) and FCL (Full container load) delivery partners in Europe, the USA and Australia, we easily send the client’s cargo to any seaport in the world, and we can also offer delivery of this cargo to the customer’s door (DAP) if he is not able to pick it up from the port by own truck.
How is the cost of sea transportation calculated?
– after approval of a potential order from BF TECH by the client, we know all the dimensions and weight of the future cargo and submit these parameters for the calculation to our partners
– the procedure for obtaining the full cost of cargo delivery with the passage of local customs procedures, as well as insurance takes from one to several days (note that we are looking for the cheapest price for the client in the delivery of his large-sized order, therefore we do not use companies such as DHL or Fedex, but work only directly with the carrier, although we can use any other option if the customer wants)
– after receiving the necessary data, we send the client a full offer, which will include the cost of the goods, as well as the options and cost of logistics and the period of its relevance.
How is the shipment of goods carried out using sea transportation?
– after the customer has paid the cost of the goods and logistics, the cargo leaves the factory and is sent to the seaport (we send a photo report of the stage of packing and loading), where it will wait for the nearest ship that was booked according to the agreed order
– the order is loaded onto the ship, and we send the client all the necessary documents regarding his cargo (booking, packing list, IFS certificate for the USA, etc.)
After consistently performing these actions, the client expects to receive a notification of the ship’s arrival at the port of his country and can deal with customs clearance of the cargo and decide the format of delivery of goods to his warehouse
In general, there are no difficulties in this procedure, all goods are moved around the world in the same way, and even if something is not clear to the client, the specialists of BF TECH will always help to understand each of the stages of sea delivery of our equipment!